Monday, May 30, 2016

May Flowers and Butterflies

Recently #WrenFeathers published a pattern on her blog for April's May Flowers dress designed for the #OurGenerationGirl dolls. 

I decided to give it a try.  So I chose a fat quarter with both flowers and butterflies on it.  After all it is still May and thus Butterfly Month although I may continue the them into June as I still have a few butterfly looks in the works that haven't gotten complete yet.  I was able to get the entire look from a single fat quarter, except that my skirt was only 22 inches wide instead of 31 like the pattern called for.

Although the pattern was designed for the larger #OurGenerationGirl dolls, with a few minor adjustments to the side seams and increasing the back overlap, I created a cute look for Alicia, my #JourneyGirl doll.

Watch Flickr and SewDolledUp.blogspot.com for pictures of this look.

Check out the Wren Feathers blog for this pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment