Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Mackenzie Dress with Olaf

Although I had planned to make May a month full of butterflies......butterfly fabric, appliques, etc, the Mackenzie Dress for #Hearts4HeartsGirls by #GenniewrenDesigns has published on #PixieFaire.

I loved this pattern in the #AmericanGirlDoll size (it is also available for Kidz N Cats dolls and A Girl for All Time, neither of which I have at present).  So when I saw the pattern for #Hearts4HeartsGirls, I couldn't resist.  I enjoy sewing for the smaller doll.

I did not even use a whole fat quarter even though I used the full skirt option this time.  Then with my niece in mind, I sewed an #Olaf applique on the bodice.  I ended up using a lace trim instead of the recommended piping.

Watch Flickr and SewDolledUp.blogspot.com for pictures of this look.

Want to make it yourself?  Check it out on #PixieFaire.

No comments:

Post a Comment