Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Peach Keyhole Dress

As a change of pace from all the 14 inch doll clothes, I decided to try out the Keyhole Dress by #ClarissesCloset on #PixieFaire.

The dress features a keyhole opening between the yoke and the bodice.  For this look, I chose the mini skirt version.

I used a solid peach  cotton for the yoke and a print for the remainder of the skirt.  The entire look could be cut from a single fat quarter if desired.

I gathered the front bodice to 4 inches instead of the 6 in the instructions so it was a better fit for Alicia (#JourneyGirl Kayla).  To keep the gathers from stretching as I sewed I placed a pin on the wrong side of the fabric at each end of the gathers and wrapped my gathering threads around the pin.  This held the gather to my specific measurement eliminating the risk of the area stretching wider.

After the skirt was gathered to the bodice, I used a silver ribbon to create the look of a belt and add a hint of sparkle.

For the photos Alicia and I went out to the Monarch Cafe and she posed in front of the asters.

Chefk out SewDolledUp.blogspot.com and Flickr for pictures of this look.

No comments:

Post a Comment