Monday, September 12, 2016

Emily's Picture Day Dress

As school was starting back up, the new Crabapples School Girl Dress for #WellieWishers was placed in the test queue.

It looked like fun, so I decided to do the Picture Day version.  This look has a pin-tucked yoke, two layers of skirt and the sleeves are banded.

Emily (#WellieWishers Camille) wanted to model the dress, so we picked out two different blue prints.  A lighter blue with dark blue flowers for the main fabric and a darker blue for the contrasting fabric.  Then we used white for the pin-tucked yoke.

While pin-tucking is not something I'm overwhelming confident of my skills in, the directions made it easy to get them correct and properly spaced. 

And if the look wasn't complicated enough given I was working on it around the butterflies and audits at work, I decided to do the heirloom construction.  So inside my dress, you do not see a single seam.  If you don't have time to do a bunch of hand sewing, I recommend sticking to the standard construction.

I finished the look off with a butterfly charm as a broach instead of putting buttons on the yoke. 

Want to see how it turned out?  Watch SewDolledUp.blogspot.com for the picture.
Want to make it for your #WellieWisher?  Get the pattern on Pixie Faire.

No comments:

Post a Comment