Tuesday, September 6, 2016

1930s Ruffled Play Dress

I was testing the Eden Eva Couture 1930s Ruffled Play Dress for #WellieWishers the other day.  And when I got done, I concluded that it fit my #Hearts4HeartsGirls better.  This pattern is also available in #AmericanGirlDoll size.

I used a solid hot pink fabric for the collar and a white fabric with a pink and green print for the main dress.  Then accented with hot pink ribbon.

The pattern called for serging the bottom edge of the ruffles in a contrasting color.  Given I misplaced the instruction book for my serger in the move adjusting the settings on it to do the small decorative serged edge was not an easy thing to attempt, so instead I sewed 1/8" hot pink ribbon to the bottom edge of the ruffles.

My belt is a hot pink grosgrain ribbon with the fastener coming off the straps of an old tank top.

All in all, I think it turned out cute, but I would have liked to see the ruffles be a bit fuller.  Not sure if maybe I messed up a step as the pattern picture shows a fuller ruffle as well.

Check out SewDolledUp.blogspot.com and Flickr for pictures of #Hearts4Hearts Zelia in this look.

No comments:

Post a Comment