Saturday, July 9, 2016

Megan's 50s Polka Dots

One of my all time favorite patterns is the #keepersdollyduds 50s pattern for #AmericanGirlDoll.

In the past I altered it to fit the #heartsforheartsgirls.  So I found myself wondering how much I'd need to adjust it to fit the #welliewishers.

It turns out that just shrinking it from the #AmericanGirlDoll pattern with no further alterations made a perfect fit.

So Megan and I  decided to use a pink polka-dot combo of fabrics.  The bodice is pink with pin prick sized polka-dots and the skirt has slightly larger polka-dots.  A piece of white lace was sewn between the bodice and skirt as they were sewn together.

The results were darling.   Megan could easily pass for #AmericanGirlDoll Mary Ellen's little sister.

To see the look, check Flickr and SewDolledUp.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment