Monday, September 10, 2018

Meggan's Waikiki Waves Dress

After checking out the Waikiki Waves Dress by Frog Princess Fashions on #PixieFaire, I decided to try out the version with the sleeves.

While the pattern suggests doing complimentary prints for the look, I was not feeling creative enough to pick out two fabrics.  So for the look I picked out a green print fat quarter for the entire project.  The pattern also comes with the option of adding embroidery.  I chose not to as the embroidery does not compliment the print of my fabric.

The dress features godets in the front and the back skirt and over the shoulder ruffles.  Due to the size of the dress capturing the ruffles in the seam was a bit complicated.  However the finished look was worth it.

Interested in seeing this look on Meggan, #WellieWisher Willa?  Check out SewDolledUp.blogspot.com.

Interested in trying this look out for your #WellieWisher or #Hearts4Hearts doll?  Check out #PixieFaire.

No comments:

Post a Comment