Saturday, October 15, 2016

1960s Ava Dress

Lately it seems like I'm getting very little sewing done around everything else.  Fortunately, the new Eden Ava Couture 1960s Ava Dress for #AmericanGirlDoll on #PixieFaire was a quick and easy pattern to put together.

I found a cute red and orange print in the fat quarters that had a bit of that 60s feel to it.  Then because I had only purchased one of the fat quarters, I used a red polka dot fabric for the lining.  Instead of doing a contrasting top and skirt, I cut both out in the print.

The dress features a sweetheart neckline, an empire waist and is sleeveless. It is also fully line and unzips down the back.

I put a red lace trim across the waist seam.  And then Ellie used the lace to create a headband.

We paired the dress with black tights and black shoes for the pictures.

To see pictures of this look, check out SewDolledUp.blogspot.com and Flickr.

Check out the pattern for yourself.  Get it at #PixieFaire.

No comments:

Post a Comment