Sunday, April 10, 2016

Yellow Halter Dress with Belle

Once again trying out my new embroidery machine, I embroidered #Belle on some yellow fabric.

Then it was time once again to figure out what I wanted to make to show her off.  One of these days I'll get it the other way around and figure out what I'm making first and then do the embroidery.

I started to think I might do another #Hearts4HeartsGirls baseball tee and started tracing my pattern around the embroidery.

Then I got to thinking I'd rather do a dress and go sleeveless.  So I adjusted lowered the arm hole opening and left off cutting out the sleeve.  Instead I cut some fabric on the bias to finish the arm seams.  For the skirt, I cut the entire width of my fat quarter two and a quarter inches tall (once it was all put together, I found myself wishing I'd gone with two and a half inches tall).

Once the bodice was together, I centered the front on the neckband. Then I attached the back pieces to each end of the neckband.  The neckband was then folded under to create a banded collar effect.  Then the skirt was attached.

Watch Flickr and SewDolledUp.blogspot.com for pictures of #Hearts4HeartsGirls Shola in the look.  

No comments:

Post a Comment