Thursday, March 3, 2016

Embroidered Minnie

To try out the #MinnieMouse embroidery design headed to a t-shirt for a birthday present, I put it on a red fat quarter. 

After completing the t-shirt project, I came back to my red fabric and picked a style for the dress.  I didn't want Minnie to have to compete with a lot of other details, but still have a fun style.

In the end I went with a sleeveless, princess line, low-waisted bodice with a gather skirt.  The flounce of the gathered skirt provides the right balance of whimsy to the simplicity of the bodice.

Alicia jumped at the chance to model the look, well aware that the dress was headed to Kaylie. 

Check out pictures of this look at SewDolledUp.blogspot.com and Flickr.

Like the embroidery? Find it at ibroidery.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment