Monday, September 1, 2014

Monkey Redux

After studying the look from Monkeying Around, I decided that it didn't fully capture the inspiration.

So I cut the skirt away from the bodice.  Then cut the skirt in half lengthwise.  Using the extra fabric leftover from the first project, I cut a yoke for the skirt.  I cut the original skirt pieces so that it got a slightly gathered ruffled look.  Then I added elastic in the yoke and stitched green ribbon over the seam lines.

Then out of the extra fabric, I cut a tank style crop top.  Along the bottom edge of the top, I added a green ribbon.

When paired together, the top and the skirt allow just a little hint of skin to show between.  This gives it a little more grown up and modern look that the other dress was missing.

I think Hailey is going to like it much better this way.

Watch sewdollup.blogspot.com for a picture of this look and Flickr for more views.

No comments:

Post a Comment