Friday, August 15, 2014

Wedding Dress Alterations

Finally the alterations are complete on the wedding dress I've been working on.

I had to release some of the lace and bead work as it had been sewn on the dress all the way through the lining so that it caused the lining to wrinkle underneath.  So I had to take that section of stitching out and then re-stitch the lace down and the beads back on. 

I was also adding a blue ribbon along the bodice to bring in as an accent the wedding colors.

The biggest thing I've learned through this project is that ordering your wedding dress online is a huge risk.  This dress had a lot of loose lace and beads all over the skirt.  And it had been shipped to the bride in a mailing envelope.....so it needs steamed badly.  It was so wrinkled from shipping it was actually a little difficult to tell which wrinkles were stitched in and which ones would steam out.

Now that I have the dress altered for the bride, its time to start working on re-creating the look on Barbie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment