Thursday, May 29, 2014

Inspirations

Around here several project ideas are brewing.

One inspiration is a September wedding and the dress that goes with it....look out Barbie you're about to get dolled up for a wedding again.

A request for a matching girls and dolls dress set is another pending project...think pink cotton with a Strawberry Shortcake print.  Now to just decide on a pattern.

Skirts for the Camp Quality Sock Hop are also on the pending project list.  Poodle skirt or something more creative like music notes or butterflies? 

And another inspiration is the new doll pattern from Simplicity #1391 designed by Keepers Dolly Duds Designs.  The flicker portfolio of Keepers Dolly Duds is what inspired me to restart the blog Sew Dolled Up after life and stress caused me to make it private for a while.  One of my favorite fashion history era's is the Civil War.  I've always been fascinated by the hoop skirt.  Simplicity #1391 is this style of clothing.  So now all I need to do is settle on which look and what fabric.

And finally, a Downton Abbey marathon has me inspired to do something with a handkerchief hem.

Now all I need is some time off to work on all these ideas and turn them from idea into reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment